Institute for Environment and Sanitation Studies(IESS), University of Ghana
CALL FOR PAPERS
Conference on Climate, Landuse, Mining and Sanitation for Sustainable development
February 13-14, 2018
University of Ghana, Legon
Submission: NOW OPEN
Closing date: Now extended to Dec. 22, 2017 (Abstract) and January 8, 2018 (Full Paper)
The effects of climate change, landuse change and small scale illegal mining (“galamsey”) on the environment have attracted national attention in recent times. The CLaMSS Conference seeks to bring together experienced researchers and next generation academics to discuss and share ideas and research findings on key aspects of climate, landuse, sanitation, water, mining and sustainable development research, among others. The conference will provide a platform for both seasoned and young scholars to present relevant research work. Accepted papers will be published in a Special Issue of West African Journal of Applied Ecology. Poster sessions would be held in parallel. A plenary session will climax the event.
You are invited to submit an abstract covering any of the following conference topics:
- Climate change and adaptation
- Land use and land cover change
- Mining, water pollution and remediation
- Sanitation and waste management
- Sustainable development
All accepted papers will be published in the peer reviewed West African Journal of Applied Ecology.
Conference fees: Gh₵ 50.00 for participants and Gh₵ 30.00 for student with ID card. Each participant will receive a conference package during registration at the conference. Lunch and refreshment will be provided.
Abstracts on conference topic areas will be submitted as either a PAPER or POSTER
PAPER – ORAL PRESENTATION
- Paper sessions will be held in parallel thematic sessions. Each abstract will be allocated 15 minutes for oral presentation and audience discussion. A moderator will facilitate the time limits for discussion.
- Paper should not exceed 8,000 words including references (Time New Roman, 12, 1.5 line spacing, 2.5 cm margins)
- Session reference and time of presentation will be communicated one week before the conference.
- The poster is an effective method for communicating scientific information through informal discussion. Poster presenters will have the opportunity during breaks and a poster session (approximately 1-1.5 hours)
- Poster size A0 in portrait format
- Poster titles will be placed on poster boards under thematic categories, to guide the placement of posters on the morning of the conference (7 – 8:15 am)
If your personal circumstances restrict you to presenting your paper on a specific date, please send an email to email@example.com with your request as soon as possible.
ABSTRACTS SUBMISSION: Abstracts are ONLY accepted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- Abstracts should be based on any of the conference topics listed.
- Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear in your text. Example: GES (Ghana Education Service), before being used as an abbreviation only. Please, do not define or use abbreviations in the title.
- Abstracts should not exceed 250 words. Authors should indicate their presentation preference: oral or poster in the subject line of their email. The Programme/conference committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- After submitting your abstract, you will receive an email with your abstract ID.
- If you encounter any problems during the submission process or you do not receive any confirmation by email please contact the Conference Organiser: email@example.com
- If you wish to make any corrections to an already submitted abstract, you should send email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the abstract submission deadline of December 22, 2017
- The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent to you via email by December 29th, 2017.
Deadline dates to note
- Abstract Submission Deadline: December 22, 2017.
- Notification of Acceptance/Rejection of abstracts: December 29, 2017.
- Final Paper Submission Deadline: January 8th, 2018.
- Notification of acceptance of final paper: January 29, 2018
- Your confirmation of participation in conference: February 6, 2018
- Registration: On arrival at the conference on February 13, 2018
- Conference Date: Accra, University of Ghana February 13-14, 2018