Senior Research Fellow
- BSC Botany with zoology -1986
- MPhil Botany -1992
- Phd Botany -2007
- Ecology of freshwater Phytoplanton in the Densu Basin
- Characterization of aquatic weed community structure, distribution and mapping assemblages in Kpong Head Pond and the Tano River-Abby Lagoon
Current Research Activities:
- The Special Treat Project
- Utilization of Organic Waste to Improve Agricultural Productivity (UOWAIP) Project
- Environmental management/ monitoring issues, particularly related to freshwater aquatic ecosystems, as well as the Biology and Ecology of aquatic plants, including algae and macrophytes.
- Yirenya-Tawiah, D., Annang, T., Ofori, B.D., Fosu-Mensah, B.Y., Lawson, E.T., Yeboah, R., Owusu-Afriyie, K., Abudey, B., Annan, T., Datsa, C. and Gordon, C., 2020. Urban Waste as a Resource: The Case of the Utilisation of Organic Waste to Improve Agriculture Productivity Project in Accra, Ghana. In Organic Waste Composting through Nexus Thinking (pp. 123-145). Springer, Cham. https://www.ajpojournals.org/journals/index.php/AJES/article/view/611
List of Journal Publication from 2000 to date:
- Bandanaa, J., Asante, I.K., Egyir, I.S., Schader, C., Annang, T.Y., Blockeel, J., Kadzere, I. and Heidenreich, A., 2021. Sustainability performance of organic and conventional cocoa farming systems in Atwima Mponua District of Ghana. Environmental and Sustainability Indicators, 11, p.100121 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2665972721000222
- Adomako, L.A., Yirenya-Tawiah, D., Nukpezah, D., Abrahamya, A., Labi, A.K., Grigoryan, R., Ahmed, H., Owusu-Danquah, J., Annang, T.Y., Banu, R.A. and Osei-Atweneboana, M.Y., 2021. Reduced Bacterial Counts from a Sewage Treatment Plant but Increased Counts and Antibiotic Resistance in the Recipient Stream in Accra, Ghana—A Cross-Sectional Study. Tropical medicine and infectious disease, 6(2), p.79. https://www.mdpi.com/2414-6366/6/2/79
- Fosu-Mensah, B.Y., Adjovu, S.M., Annang, T.Y. and Mensah, M., 2021. Assessment of farmers’ indigenous knowledge of soil quality management practices in Ghana: A case study of crop farmers in Ada West District. http://ugspace.ug.edu.gh/handle/123456789/37388
- Kotei, P., Annang, T. and Yirenya-Tawiah, D., 2020. Stakeholder Participation for Sustainable Solid Waste Management in Ga West Municipality, Accra–Ghana. American Journal of Environment Studies, 3(1), pp.44-60. https://www.ajpojournals.org/journals/index.php/AJES/article/view/611
- Ted Y. Annang. A Check-list of some elements of the vegetation in 3 river basins in the Okyeman area, Southern Ghana. West African Journal of Applied Ecology, Vol. 20 (3), 2012
- Ted Y. Annang. Composition of the Invasive Macrophyte Community in 3 river basins in the Okyeman area, Southern Ghana. West African Journal of Applied Ecology, Vol. 20 (3), 2012
- Chris Gordon, Conor Linstead, Brian Moss, Osmund Ansa-Asare, Rick Leah, Rosina Kyeremateng, E.Owusu, Ted Annang, E. Maltby, Matilda Bissau and Ben Ampomah (2012).Tool kits for the Sustainable Management of Ghana’s Riverine Biodiversity. West African Journal of Applied Ecology, Vol. 20 (3), 2012.
- Ted Y. Annang & Akua M. Addo-Boadu: Periphyton Associated with Nymphaea lotus Linn. in two different types of freshwater bodies in southern Ghana. West African Journal of Applied Ecology, Vol. 20 (1), 2012.
- Yirenya-Tawiah, R. D., Ted Y. Annang, Joseph Otchere, Daniel Bentum, Dominic Edoh, Amoah C. M., and K. M. Bosompem (2011). Urinary Schistosomiasis among adults in the Volta Basin of Ghana. J. Trop. Med. Parasitol. 2011; 34:1-16.
- Yirenya-Tawiah, R. D., Amoah C. M., K. Apea-Kubi, M. Dade, Ted Y. Annang and K. M. Bosompem (2011). A Survey of Female Genital Schistosomiasis of Lower Reproductive Tract in the Volta Basin of Ghana. Ghana Med J. 2011 March; 45 (1): 16–21.
- Ted Y. Annang (2010): Compost developed from aquatic weeds and its influence on performance of maize, Zea mays L. UNESCO African Journal of Science & Technology (AJST), Vol. 11, No. 1. Pp 1-11.
- Ted Y. Annang (2010): Developing Compost with Aquatic Weeds growing in the River Volta, Ghana. African Journal of Science and Technology, (AJST), UNESCO Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 108 – 113.
- Yirenya-Tawiah, R. D., Amoah C. M., K. Apea-Kubi, M. Dade, Ted Y. Annang and K. M. Bosompem (2009). HIV Testing in Community-based Research. A Case Study of Female Genital Schistosomiasis and HIV in the Volta Basin of Ghana. J. Gh. Sci., Vol 11, No. 1. 2009 Pp: 85 – 91.
- Ben A. Sackey and Ted Y. Annang. (2009): Producing Compost from Aquatic Weeds. Published by Drama Network with UNDP-GEF SGP. 15 Pp
- Yirenya-Tawiah, R. D., Amoah C. M., K. Apea-Kubi, M. Dade, Ted Y. Annang and K. M. Bosompem (2009). HIV Testing in Community-based Research. A Case Study of Female Genital Schistosomiasis and HIV in the Volta Basin of Ghana. J. Gh. Sci., Vol 11, No. 1. 85 – 91.
- D. R.Yirenya-Tawiah, C. M. Amoah, K. Apea-Kubi, M. Dade, Ted Y. Annang, G. Lomo and K. M. Bosompem (2008). Preliminary Investigations into Female Genital Schistosomiasis (FGS) and Sexually Transmitted Infections in the Afram Arm of the Volta Basin. In: New Developments on Health, Agriculture Resources and Socio-Economic Activities in the Volta Basin Eds. C. M. Amoah, S. G. K. Adiku and E. O. Owusu Pp 27 – 33.
- Ted Y. Annang: (2008) Harvesting, Composting and Utilisation of Compost for Improved Soil Fertility and Crop Productivity. In: New Developments on Health, Agriculture Resources and Socio-Economic Activities in the Volta Basin Eds. C. M. Amoah, S. G. K. Adiku and E. O. Owusu. Pp 55 – 64.
- Ted Y. Annang, D. A. Edoh, P.Buo and K. M. Bosompem (2006): Malacological and Flora Studies of Schistosomiasis Prevalence Sites in the Lower Volta Basin. J. Gh. Sci., Vol. 8. No.2, 2006.
Teaching in last three years:
- BOTN 433: FRESHWATER BIOLOGY
- BOTN 434: WATERSHED MANAGEMENT AND CONSERVATION
- ESCI 603: AIR, WATER AND SOIL QUALITY