PhD (Environmental Science), University of Ghana
MPhil (Botany - Ecology and Environmental Studies), University of Ghana
BSc (Botany and Zoology), University of Ghana
Short /Other Courses
Evidence-Based Conservation, University of Bangor, Wales Management Information Systems, Inst. Of Financial Acct, UK Principles of management, Inst. Of Financial Acct, UK
- Land-use/cover dynamics and sustainable management
- GIS and Remote Sensing: Environmental and Sustainable Resource Use Management Applications.
- Climate Change
- Landscape analysis and modeling
- Hazard risk assessment and Early Warning Systems
ONGOING/RECENT RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- Volta re-operation and optimization project
- Coastal erosion, flooding and inundation risk mapping of the coastal area of greater accra within a climate change context.
- Climate change impacts on upwelling and fish catch
- The development of an early warning system framework for coastal flooding
- Building capacity for climate change adaptation in Ghana
- Mapping of black soils in Ghana.
- Waterpower: Rising tides, urban growth and the political ecology of urban water management
- Property, access and exclusion along the charcoal commodity chain in Ghana
Supervision of MPhil Thesis
- Changing climate and land-use/cover on water resources in the Lower Volta River Basin, Ghana
- Impacts of septic tank effluent on Borehole water quality in selected localities in the Accra Metropolis
- Assessment of air quality impact on women and children in the Accra Metropolis
- Spatial mapping of noise exposure zones derived from religious activities and perceptions in residential neighbourhoods: the case of Ashaiman municipality, Ghana.
- Analysis of Landfill Site Suitability in Greater Accra Metropolitan Area
Remote sensing and geographic information systems
- Attua, E. M, Ayamga, J and Pabi, O. (2014). Relating Land Use and Land Cover to Surface Water Quality in the Densu River basin, The International Journal of River basin Management
- Attua, E. M and Pabi, O. (2013). Tree composition, richness & diversity in the forest –savanna ecotone of Ghana. Journal of Applied Biosciences 69:5437 – 5448, ISSN 1997–5902.
- Gordon, C., Nukpezah, D., Tweneboah-Lwason, E., Ofori, B. D.,Yirenya-Tawiah, D., Pabi, O., Ayivor, J. S., Koranteng, S., Darko, D., Mensah, A. M. (2013). West Africa – Water Resources Vulnerability Using a Multidimentional Approach: Case Study of the Volta Basin. Climate Vulnerability. Volume 5., pp283-309.
- Pabi, O (2009) Land Types and Sustainable Cocoa Production in Ghana; Lessons from GIS applications, West African Journal of Applied Ecology,14, 1,
- Pabi, O and Attua E M (2009) Sustainable Land-Use Evaluation on Steep Landscapes and Flood Plains in the New Juabeng District of Ghana: A GIS Approach. Ghana Journal of Geography Vol 1, 116-134.
- Amanor, K. and Pabi, O. (2007) Rhetoric, time and spatial change of agriculture land use in the northern-savanna transitional zone of Ghana. Human Ecology, 35, 51-67.
- Pabi, O (2007) Policy, management and development processes: Participatory GIS in the Ghanaian perspective. Africa GIS Development, 2 (1) 18-24.
- Guyer,J Lambin, E, Cliggett, L, Walker, P, Amanor, K, Bassett, T, Colson, E, Hay, R, Homewood, K, Linares, O, Pabi, O, Peters, P, Scudder, T, Turner, M, Unruh, J.(2007) Temporal Heterogeneity in the Study of African Land Use: Interdisciplinary Collaboration between Anthropology, Human Geography and Remote Sensing, Human Ecology, 35. 3-17
- Pabi, O (2007) Understanding land-use/cover change dynamics for land-use management in Ghana. Geojournal , 68,369-383.
- Pabi, O and Attua E. M. (2005) Spatio-temporal differentiation of land use cover dynamics and land-resource management. Bulletin of Ghana Geographical Assoc. 24, 90-102.