1.0 Project Backgroud
The three-year BWS Plus Collaborative Programme seeks to promote learned experiences and build students’ capacity in developing micro business projects focused on waste management. The programme involves student and staff educational exchanges to be undertaken through the use of virtual platforms and field visits. The activities are open to only students of HFR, specifically the Water Resource Management Class and the Institute for Environment and Sanitation Studies. Specifically, the collaboration intends to achieve the following objectives:
- Identify or appreciate the issues of waste management from an African perspective
- Undertake joint development of micro-business projects with student involvement
- Provide an opportunity for students in Ghana and Germany through virtual learning platforms and exchange visits to Germany and Ghana identify problems, learn from each other and develop sustainable waste management related microbusinesses.
The programme is now open to receiving its first cohort of graduate students (M.Phil, Year One) from the Institute who are willing to participate in contributing to the achievement of the programme objectives. Below are the specifics of the student exchange component of the programme.
1.1 Student Exchange
- Successful applicants must adhere to all the rules of the programme and its activities
- Must be available at all times to participate in the programme activities
1.3 All applications must submit the following documents by email to the Coordinator
- A cover letter detailing the applicant’s qualifications, research interest and how these are aligned with the programme focus of the BWS Plus Collaborative Project.
- A 1-page CV emailed as part of the application
1.5 Deadline for Application: Friday February 21, 2020