- PhD Environmental Science. Brandenburg Technical University, Cottbus Germany.
- MBA Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- M.Sc Environmental & Resource Management, Brandenburg Technical University, Cottbus Germany
- M.Phil Environmental Science, University of Ghana, Ghana
- B.Sc (Hons) Zoology, University of Ghana, Ghana
- Pollution and pollution control in inland waters
- Wetlands ecology and management
- Lake and Reservoir limnology and management
- Large Dams impact on ecosystems functioning and community livelihoods
- Environmental governance and policy research
- Industrial ecology and green initiatives of Ghanaian firms
- Environmental management systems (EMS) adoption rate and corporate environmentalism in Ghana
Current Research Project
- Stratification effects on sediment nutrient release and internal nutrient loading in the Kpong Headpond
- Reoptimisation and Reoperation study of the Akosombo and Kpong dams
- Ishmael Lente (2014-2017): Evaluation of Climate Change and variability Impacts on Water Resources and Livelihoods within the White Volta River Basin catchment of Ghana.
- Lloyd Larbi (2014-2017): Community stewardship and coastal ecosystem health of the Ada coastal Bay of Ghana.
- Aaron Aryee (2014-2016): Determination of poly-aromatic hydrocarbons in soil contaminated with used motor oil.
- Abdul Rahman Fahad (2014-2016): Effects of small-scale mining on quality of irrigation water for vegetable production.
- Eric Marvin Gbeddie (2013-2016): Climate change and water availability from shallow household wells in Adentan Municipality of Ghana.
- Elvis Acheampong (2013-2015): Impacts of Gold Mine Tailings on Surface and Groundwater quality: A case study of Nzema Goldmines.
- Johnson M. Dolo (2013-2015): Assessment of Effluent quality at the University of Ghana Hospital, Legon.
- Louisa Kabobah (2013-2015): Vulnerability and adaptation strategies of farming communities within the Kasena Nankana Municipality of Ghana to Climate change/vulnerability.
- Joseph Tettey Quarshie (2013-2015): Assessment of Litter on the Banks of some selected lagoons along the eastern coast of Ghana.
- Henry A. Aboagye (2013-2015): Phytoremediation of sewage effluent with some selected aquatic plants from anaerobically digested biogas plant.
- Akua Akwaah Marfo: (2012-2015): Risk assessment of sewage pollution in the Tema Metropolis.
- Michael Dorleku (2012-2014): Groundwater contamination by small scale mining with toxic metals in the Lower Pra Basin.
- Hogarh J.N., Sowunmi F.A., Oluwafemi A.P., Antwi-Agyei P., Nukpezah D., Atewamba C.(2015) Biosand filter as a household water treatment technology in Ghana and its eco-business potential: An assessment using a Lifecycle Approach. Journal of Environmental Accounting and Management 3(4) (2015) 343-353.
- Padgham, J., Lawson, E.T., Nukpezah, D. et al., (2015) Vulnerability and adaptation to climate change in the Semi-Arid Regions of West Africa. CARIAA/ASSAR- IDRC.
- Nukpezah, D., Alemagi D. et al. (2014), An examination of forest certification status among logging companies in Cameroon. International Scholarly Research Notices Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 323014, 8 pageshttp://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/323014
- Nukpezah, D. Okine H.A and Ofori B.D (2014) Electronic waste risk assessment and management in Ghana. Proceedings of the 28th Environmental Informatics conference. Pp 205-212, Sept. 10th to 12th 2014, University of Oldenburg, Germany
- Ofori, B.D., Nukpezah, D., et al (2014), Leadership, Local Knowledge and Water Management: Lessons from Fringe Communities of the Kogyae Strict Nature Reserve, Ghana. Journal of management and sustainable development Vol. 3 No. 2 pp 353-370.
- Gordon, C., Nukpezah, D., Tweneboah-Lawson, E., et al., (2013),West Africa- Water resources vulnerability using a multi dimensional approach: Case study of Volta Basin In Encyclopaedia of Water Resources Vulnerability, Elsevier
- Alemagi, D. and Nukpezah, D. (2012), Assessing the performance of Large-scale Logging companies in countries of the Congo Basin.Environment and Natural Resources Research, Vol 2, No. 2: 38-47
- Nukpezah, D. (2012), Mitigating the effects of pollution on aquatic ecosystems: Spotlight on the Weija Reservoir in Ghana. IESS, Information note 014,University of Ghana.
- Ugochukwu, C. and Nukpezah, D. (2008) Ecotechnological methods as strategies to combat eutrophication and acidification in lakes.The Environmentalist (2008) 28: 137-142
- Nukpezah, D. and Ertel, J. (2008) Addressing constraints to environmental protection in Ghana: Strategies for Business, Government and communities. Widening our HorizonsProceedings of the 3rd International forum for students. Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine. April 2008 pp 138-140
- Hogarh J.N., Adu-Gyamfi E. Nukpezah, D., Osei Akoto and Adu-Kumi S. Sediment core profile of heavy metals in Lake Amponsah in the mining district of Bibiani, Ghana. (Submitted).
Contribution to technical reports
- Nukpezah D. and Hogarh, J. (2015) Impact assessment study of proposed emission tax in Ghana. Report submitted to GIZ/Ministry of Finance, Accra, Ghana. 57pp.
- Hogarh J. and Nukpezah D. (2015) Impact assessment of Ghana’s Plastic Tax. Report submitted to GIZ/Ministry of Finance, Accra, Ghana. 56pp.
- Nukpezah D., Twum-Barimah R. et al., (2013) Reoptimization and Reoperation of the Akosombo and Kpong Dams project: Report on Community consultations. Water Resources Commission (WRC)/Centre for African Wetlands (CAW), Accra, Ghana. 39pp.
- Nukpezah D., et al., (2013) Reoptimization and Reoperation of the Akosombo and Kpong Dams project: Review of Environment and Livelihood flows. Institute for Environment and Sanitation Studies (IESS)/Water Resources Commission (WRC), Accra, Ghana. 37pp.
- On the Relationship between Natural (Forest) Resources Endowment, Good governance, and Economic Growth. Submitted to the Rights and Resources Group (RRG), USA
Contribution to Teaching in last three years
- ESCI 701: Environmental Management
- ESCI 702: Emerging Environmental Issues for the 21st century
- ESCI 705: Sustainable Sanitation and Health
- ESCI: 604: Environmental Law
- ESCI: 609: Water Resources Management
- ABCS 407: Limnology