Senior Research Fellow
- PhD -Geography and Resource Development (2010), Univ. of Ghana
- MPhil - Geography and Resource Development (1996). Univ. of Ghana
- BA (Hons) – Geography with Sociology (1988). Univ. of Ghana
- Rural Resource Utilisation and Marketing, and Community Livelihoods, especially in Dam-affected Areas
Current Research Activities:
- Reoptimisation and Reoperation Study of Akosombo and Kpong Dams
- Adaptation in dam-affected areas of the Lower Volta Basin
- Building Capacity to meet the Climate Change Challenge (B4C)
Pipeline Research Project:
- Towards Effective Management of Local Markets for Improved Public Health and Poverty Reduction
- Charcoal Burning, Farming Activities and Environmental Degradation in the Afram Plains
List of journal publications from 2000 to date
- Ayivor, J. S.,,Ofori, B.D., Opoku, P., Yirenya-Taiwiah, D. R. and Gordon, C. (2016). Agro-Diversity in the Forest-Savannah Transition Zone of Ghana: A Strategy for Food Security against Climatic and Socio-Economic Stressors. Environment and Natural Resources Research Vol. 6, No. 1
- Ofori, B.D., Ayivor, J. S, Opoku, P and Gordon, C. (2015). Agroecological Niches as Ecosystem-Based Adaptive Option to Environmental Change in the Forest-Savanna Transition Zone of Ghana. Journal of Sustainable Development; Vol. 8, No. 9.
- Ofori, B.D., Nukpezah, D., Ayivor, J.S., Lawson, E.T. and Gordon, C. (2014), “Leadership, local knowledge and water management: Lessons from fringe communities of the Kogyae Strict Nature Reserve, Ghana”, International Journal of Development and Sustainability, Vol. 3 No. 2, pp. 353-370.
- Nukpezah, D., Okine, H. A., Oteng-Ababio, M. Ofori, B. D. (2014). “Electronic waste risk assessment and management in Ghana”. In Gómez, J. M., Sonnenschein, M., Vogel, U., Winter, A., Rapp, B., Giesen, N., (Eds). Proceedings of the 28thEnviroInfo 2014 Conference, Oldenburg Germany. Sept 10-12. Pp 205-212.
- Ofori, B. D., Nukpezah, D., Ayivor, J. S., Lawson, E. T., and Gordon, C., (2014). Leadership, local knowledge and water management: Lessons from fringe communities of the Kogyae Strict Nature Reserve, Ghana. International Journal of Development and Sustainability.Volume 3 Number 2 (2014): Pp 353-370.
- Ofori, B. D and Asiedu, A. B. (2013). Hierarchy of Market Centres along the Volta Lake in Ghana: A Regional Development Framework. Journal of Geography and Regional Planning. Vol 6(8), pp 280-293.
- Ofori, B. D and Ayivor, J. S. (2013). Housing: Crumbling structures. Development and Cooperation (D+C) Volume 40, June 2013. N0. 6.Pp254-255
- Gordon, C., Nukpezah, D., Tweneboah-Lwason, E., Ofori, B. D.,Yirenya-Tawiah, D., Pabi, O., Ayivor, J. S., Koranteng, S., Darko, D., Mensah, A. M. (2013). West Africa – Water Resources Vulnerability Using a Multidimentional Approach: Case Study of the Volta Basin. Climate Vulnerability. Volume 5., pp283-309.
- Ofori, B. D. (2012). Origin, Growth and Functions of Periodic Market Centres along the Volta Lake in Ghana". Ghana Social Science Journal. Vol 9, Number 1 pp. 44-70.)
- Ofori, B. D. (2012). “Effects of marketing and trading activities on the Volta Lake shore environment in Ghana”. Environment Development and Sustainability” Volume 14, Number 5. pp783–806, 2012
- Ofori, B. D, Vordzogbe, V. V., Addo, S., Amoah, C. M. (2008). “Overview of the Lagoon-Land Crab (Cardiosomaarmatum) Industry in the Volta Delta”. In Amoah C. M., Adiku, S. G. K., Owusu, E. O. (Eds). “NewDevelopments on Health, Agricultural Resources and Socio-economics in the Volta Basin”. Volta Basin Research Project, Univ. of Ghana..et. al
- Addo, S., Vordzogbe, V. V., Ofori, B. D., Amoah, C. M. (2008). Assessment of Culture Trials of the Lagoon-Land Crab, Cardiosomaarmatum,(Herklots, 1851) in the Lower Volta Basin. In Amoah C. M., Adiku, S. G. K., Owusu, E. O. (Eds). “NewDevelopments on Health, Agricultural Resources and Socio-economics in the Volta Basin”. Volta Basin Research Project, Univ. of Ghana. 2008. et. al.
- BlayE. T., Ofori, B. D., Heloo, J., Ofori J. B., Nartey, E. (2004). “Agrodiversity within and without Conserved Forest for Enhancing Rural Livelihoods”. In: Gyasi E. A., Kranja-Berisavljevic, G., Blay, E. T., Oduro, W. (Eds). Managing Agrodiversity the Traditional Way: Lessons from West Africa in Sustainable use of Biodiversity and Related Natural Resources. United Nations University Press, Tokyo pp 203-216.
- Ofori, B. D., Birhanu T (2001). “Locational Pattern of Filling Stations in the Accra Metropolitan Area”.Bulletin of the Ghana Geographical Association., No. 23 pp 37-50.
- Ofori, B. D. (2000) “Exploitation and Utilisation of Community-based Wetland Reeds and Sedges in the Changing Economy of the Lower Volta Basin”. Bulletin of the Ghana Geographical Association., No. 22 pp 90-100.
Teaching in last three years
- ESCI 706: Focus on Community
- FACS 702: Emerging Environmental Issues (Co-Instructor)
- FACS 701:Science and Society(Co-Instructor)
- ESCI 603: Human Population and Urbanization (Co-Instructor)
- CCSD 603:Climate Change Vulnerability Impacts And Adaptation (Co-Instructor)